Hello Freinds, Today in this post I am going to share tutorial on How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats in Android. Whatsapp is one of the best messaging apps in the world, but due to a number of reasons, you may lose your wa chat, whether due to a device error or something. If this happens, like it or not, you have to know how to restore WA chat.
There are many ways you can do to restore lost WA chats, one of which is by using Google Drive. No need to use it for long, below you can learn more about how to restore lost WA chats.
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats in Android :-
1. From Google Drive :-
Google Drive is an online storage and backup medium developed by Google. This service allows you to securely store various files online without having to worry about losing them.
Users get 15GB of free storage, which is quite enough if only to back up Whatsapp chats. But if it's still not enough, you can upgrade to get unlimited cloud forever.
There are several reasons why you have to restore a deleted WA chat, it could be because you changed your smartphone or Whatsapp an error and needed to be reinstalled. Well, one solution that you can do is to restore chats from Google Drive.
But remember, you can only do this method when you routinely back up Whatsapp chats to Google Drive. If you've already backed up your chats to Google Drive, then it's also easy to restore them.
After you re-download Whatsapp, then you can directly restore the chat backup as below:
- Open Whatsapp
- Enter the phone number that you have registered on Whatsapp
- If you have, you are asked to check the number, just click "Yes" if you are sure
- Then Whatsapp will send a verification code to the number via SMS (It is important to make sure that the number is active, not blocked and installed on the smartphone)
- If there is no incoming verification SMS, you can use the verification code by calling
- After you receive the 6-digit verification code, enter the code then click "OK"
- Then click "Restore"
- Wait a few moments until the backup restore process is complete, if you have clicked "Next"
- Now set up a Whatsapp profile, such as changing the profile picture, account name then click "Next"
- The last step, you can select "Continue" on the "Welcome to Whatsapp" tab
- Done, now you can access old chats on Whatsapp
You can do the above method, whether using Android or iPhone, provided you have or regularly back up chats to Google Drive.
2. From Local Storage :-
The next way to restore deleted WA chats is to recover them from local storage. You can do this method when you want to move chat from an old smartphone to a new smartphone.
You can use a computer, file explorer or even an SD Card. Here are things you should pay attention to if you want to restore chats from local backup or local storage:
- The device will keep a local backup for the last seven days
- Local backup will be automatically created every day at 02.00 AM and will be saved as a file on the device
- Usually the local backup will be stored in the “/sdcard/Whatsapp/” folder , if not, you can find it in the “internal storage” or “main storage” folder.
Since the chats will be automatically saved to local storage, you can restore them. But remember, you can do this method if you want to restore chats for the last seven days. You just have to uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp and then restore the chats in the last week.
3. Restoring a Backup from a Not-so-Recent Local Backup :-
If you want to restore an old WhatsApp chat, then the steps are as follows:
- First download the "File Manager" application
- If the “File Manager” application has been downloaded, now open it and look for a folder with the name “sdcard/Whatsapp/Database”
- If the data is not stored on the SD Card, then you can try to find it in the "internal storage" or "main storage" folder.
- If you have found it, change the name of the chat on the local backup that you want to restore, from "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12" to "msgstore.db.crypt12"
- Remember, maybe a chat backup that is not too long can be in a previous protocol, such as crypt9 or even crypt10 (never change the number of the crypt extension)
- If so, now "Uninstall" WhatsApp then "Install" again
- Register as usual, enter the verification code and click “Restore” to restore chats that are not very recent
How to Restore WA Chat Without Backup
Is it possible to restore WA chats without being backed up? It is very possible, namely by using the Export Chat feature. This method is very easy and you can do it directly from Whatsapp.
Here you can see how to restore chat wa that was deleted before being backed up:
- Open Whatsapp then click the menu icon or the three dot symbol in the top right
- Then select "Settings"
- Then select "Chats" to restore deleted old chats
- Then select "Chat History" which is at the bottom then click "Export Chat"
- Now you choose which chat you want to recover/save, whether it's chat with media or without media
- If you have, now click "Save to Drive" to save the chat
- Now check chat backup on Google Drive, there you can see chat history in TXT form
How to Backup WA Chat to Google Drive
Setting Whatsapp to always back up chats to Google Drive permanently is very important. So you will never lose chats because you can recover them when something goes wrong.
Likewise when you have to change devices, whether between Android, or from Android to iPhone or vice versa. Well, below you can learn how to backup WA chat to Google Drive:
- Open Whatsapp then click the three dot icon in the upper right corner
- Now select "Settings" then select "Chats"
- Then scroll down and select “Chat Backup”
- Before automatically backing up to Google Drive, maybe you need to set a few things, you can change the Google Drive account you want to use, the backup method (daily, weekly, monthly or only when you want to back up), the network used when the backup (data/Wi-Fi) Fi only) and does it include video
- If you want Whatsapp to automatically back up chats to Google Drive, then you can choose "Daily" , just in case you accidentally delete WhatsApp chats
- If you are sure about your Google Drive backup settings, you can click "Back Up"
- Wait a few moments until the backup process is complete (how long it takes or not depends on the size of the chat you want to back up)
After you set Whatsapp to always back up chats to Google Drive, then you can always restore them whenever you want. So you don't need to be confused anymore looking for ways to restore WA chats that are not backed up.
Above are some ways to restore WA chat, with a success rate of 100%. If all Whatsapp chat history contains important data, make sure to set Whatsapp to automatically back up chats to Google Drive, so they can always be restored.